The weekly wrap up was scheduled for yesterday….eeeeekkk. I missed it.
Last week was a bit of a doozy and I’m am so excited to be getting back to a bit of normalcy this week. Just to be honest, we didn’t think much about paying down debt. We had a busy week with baseball practices and church meetings at night after work. My oldest son finished his baseball season off with state tournaments this past weekend in a town about 2 hours from our hometown. It was a great weekend. We played ball, hung out at the hotel with other teams and friends, watched Finding Dory, ate at fun restaurants, and just had a great time.
Needless to say, we didn’t accomplish many debt payoff goals last week, but we did make some amazing memories with our kiddos. Honestly, what weekend involving hotels, travel, and ballparks is ever cheap? Not to mention I have a 4 year old and the ballpark had a sno-cone truck. Nuff said.
We did manage to make a few small strides, even with the wildness of the week, so I’m happy. Here’s the wrap-up:
- The company for which I work asked me to pick up an extra clinic at my FT job, which will pay more for a month or so. This will not require overtime, just a little more intensity during my normal workday.
- The weekend was cash-flowed, no credit cards were used. Wooohoooo!
- I cleaned out closets and the toy room and plan to list lots of goodies on kidizen tonight!
- I also manage to get some affiliate networking done also on the blog. Listening to the Blogging Your Passion Podcasts on my commute is keeping me motivated! I will continue working hard on it in the time I have in the evenings/mornings.
- Despite having meetings/practices until 8:00 or later EVERY SINGLE NIGHT last week, we managed to only eat out (actually picked up pizza) one night, so that’s better than nothing.
Although it wasn’t a perfect week, money-wise, it was pretty darn great! Today I am re-focusing on our debt payoff goals and our budget! (Also, spending lots of time with my family during summer, since baseball is now over!)
How was your week? Did you stay on target? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!